[WEB4LIB] MS Access to MySQL

Darryl Friesen Darryl.Friesen at usask.ca
Tue Dec 19 16:50:14 EST 2000

> We've tried the 2nd release of the CYNERGI  (http://www.cynergi.net)
> script, but keep getting the MS Access message "Type mismatch".
>
> The access  help files are useless. and the FAQ at
> http://www.cynergi.net/exportsql
> hasn't offered any possible solutions.

Neat script.  I'll have to hang on to that URL.

I tried it with one of our databases and had no trouble.  Did it say what
the mismatching types were?  Did you try adding the DAO 3.6 object library
(assuming you have Access 2000) as mentioned on that FAQ page, to see if
that helps?  It might not be the same error message, but perhaps it's
related.

   "I'm getting 'User defined type not defined' or 'Undefined data
   type' for data type 'database'" - this may happen under Access
   2000. You need to go into Tools | References in Visual Basic and
   add "Microsoft DAO 3.6 object library". (thank you to all users that
   reported this issue, and the way to fix it)

- Darryl
  Darryl Friesen, B.Sc., Programmer/Analyst    Darryl.Friesen at usask.ca
  Education & Research Technology Services,     http://gollum.usask.ca/
  Department of Computing Services,