OT Printing problems and Address book crash

Doreen Lewis dlewis-lib at sympatico.ca
Mon Dec 18 21:55:01 EST 2000

As a contract librarian who works in two different library settings (
medical and
legal ) I do a lot of work on my home computer system. I am throwing
myself on the collective knowledge of this amazing group.
I have been having printing problems from the newer of my two networked
computers. I am running both on WIN 98 sharing the same printer :A HP
1100A. At first I thought it was a Printer problem and did a lot of
searching through support files.
However the interesting thing is that the web pages in question will
print perfectly from my older computer on the same printer that will
print garbled stuff from the newer one. I am using Netscape Communicator
4.7 on both.
Some examples of web pages affected are the contents page from the New
England Journal of Medicine , material from ZDnet, Microsoft and some
others. We have looked at various things but nothing seems to help. It
is very annoying.
I did try using IE5.5 on these pages and they printed OK. I really do
not want to Change from Netscape at this time. I appreciate any advice
that you can suggest
so that I do not go crazy.

Another problem with the same computer is with my Netscape address book.
If I try to use it as an address book by looking up addresses it crashes
my computer. It will let met add addresses or try to guess at addresses.
I have reloded and upgraded Netscape and still no luck. I had better
mention that I am also running Norton System Works on this computer. I
would love to get this all fixed as it has been going on too long and it
makes my work time rather difficult.
I really appreciate any help that you can suggest.
Doreen Lewis
Librarian
Alexandra Hospital
29 Noxon Street