Open up batch files via Web Page

Lim, Poh Kim lim at smccd.net
Tue Dec 12 14:44:24 EST 2000

Hi all,
I wish to provide more information about our batch files. We copied our
newpapers CDROM contents into our server and mapped them to different
drives. Then use batch files to access them. This is how one of our batch
files look like:

@echo off
Z:
CD\PROQUEST
PART2

We originally created icons on the public terminals to access these files
and they work fine. But now we want to re-organize our resources and provide
access via the Web instead. The links we put on our Web are almost the same
as the ones we put on our wallpaper, for example:
on the wall paper a link to New York Times is   c:/batch/nyt.bat
on our Web Page is         file://c:/batch/nyt.bat

The difference is when we click on the icons on the wall paper, they
automatically open up to full screen, but the Web links won't do that. It
seems each time we click any of the Web links it create a temporary file.

Does anybody knows how to fix this?

Thanks.