[WEB4LIB] Open up batch files via Web Page

Dennis Brantley dennis at dati.com
Mon Dec 11 21:49:17 EST 2000

"Lim, Poh Kim" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We are trying to put links to our Library page for students to access to
> CDROM batch files (see http://www.smccd.net/accounts/skylib/newslinks.html
> under "Back-Issues of Newspapers:"). Our problem is when users click on the
> links (for example: file://c:/batch/nyt.bat), they don't open up to full
> screen. We tried to change the properties of the batch files, but that
> doesn't help. I think because each time someone clicks on the link, it
> creates a new temporary file that specifies screen size to "Window" but not
> "Full Screen".

Assuming that the purpose of the batch file is to start an application
(we can't see your batch files on your web page), use this in the batch
file:

start /max <application>

Type 'start /?' at a command prompt for more info.

You may also want to consider storing all the batch files on a single
computer, so you don't have to go to different computers to change
them.  Take a single computer, named 'host' for example, create a
directory with all the batch files, and share the directory to the
network as 'batchfiles', for example.  Then have the web links point to
\\host\batchfiles\nyt.bat

--
Dennis Brantley
Data Access Technologies, Inc.