Computer security question

Orsborn, John jo6 at evansville.edu
Wed Dec 6 11:50:54 EST 2000

  We are currently trying to transition our public stations to a more secure
set up.  On the advise of our computer people we had them set up the Windows
2000 policy group security.  While this has proven to be very secure on our
testing computers, we have run into a printing problem.  We can print when
using the print icon on the browser, (we have IE 5.5 running) but when we
try to print from the File menu, we are given an error message stating, "An
Error Has Occured During This Operation."
  From this I have three questions.

1.  Is there anyone using this same policy group feature, and are there any
suggestions to solving this printing problem?
2.  If we can't get this solved, we are looking to try and secure our
computers another way.  I have heard about Fortress but are there any other
recommendations?
3.  Lastly, for those who have used Fortress or other security programs, how
long did it take for you to get your computers up and running and happy?

Since this is such an involved question, please only respond to my e-mail
  jo6 at evansville.edu  Thank you.  John D. Orsborn
                                 University of Evansville