Determining originality

Evie Fieseler EMFieseler at compuserve.com
Sun Dec 24 10:19:04 EST 2000

Years ago my son and I made up stories about a goofy kid doing all sorts of
things.  We want to write some of those stories down now and maybe get them
published.  We don't know if we made up the name of the main character,
though, or if we saw the name somewhere and just carried on from there.
Naturally, we need to know if the name is original with us before we can
proceed.

I've done a Google search on the name and come up with nothing.  Would a
Google search be enough to turn up book titles if indeed we had seen that
name in some children's book somewhere?

Evie, wishing everybody Happy Holidays!