eResources Policy

Swanson, Troy Swanson at moraine.cc.il.us
Thu Dec 21 14:40:41 EST 2000

Fellow list members:

We would like to write an eResources Policy to give us direction in
selecting appropriate online resources to offer our students.  I've noticed
that our usual method for choosing new online tools is sift through the
various offers that vendors dump on us (even if we don't mean for it to work
this way).  Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has an eResources Policy that
we could use to give us ideas or if anyone has an advice suggestions on
creating such a policy?  In my mind, this policy would cover goals of online
resources, assess needs for such resources, and ultimately offer
direction/set priorities for the selection of these resources.

I am open to any suggestions,

Thanks
Troy Swanson

Teaching and Learning Librarian