[WEB4LIB] Re: Chip creep and power surges

David Merchant merchant at latech.edu
Thu Aug 31 11:15:29 EDT 2000

At 08:05 AM 8/31/00 -0700, Walt_Crawford at notes.rlg.org wrote:

> >May I ask David (or anyone else) to explain
> >what "chip creep" means?  This is a new one for me.  Thanks!
>
>David may have a subtler answer, but (theoretically) thermal changes in the
>PC's internal environment could cause chips to creep out of their sockets.

Nope, no subtler answer from me!

>Let's just say that I've never seen one of the major PC magazines report on
>the Dangers of Chip Creep: possible, but not a major issue. Again, maybe

Aye, not a major issue. I've only had one experience with it, and that on
an old computer.

TTFN,
David
Head, Systems Dept, Louisiana Tech University
merchant at latech.edu
JavaScript List Administrator (www.mountaindragon.com/javascript/)
Webmaster, HTML Encyclopedia (www.mountaindragon.com/html/)
Memorial Day Page: www.mountaindragon.com/memorial/