[WEB4LIB] permission to link to websites?

George Bray listoid at linkalarm.com
Thu Aug 31 00:42:29 EDT 2000

At 8:41 AM -0700 30/8/00, Linda Woods Hyman wrote:
>Does anyone know for sure whether you need permission to link to websites?

We usually ask before linking to another site, just out of courtesy.
It's not a legal requirement.

Another issue on this subject is if you're running a high traffic
site.  If the link you place is on a popular page, you could be
hurting the target site with more traffic than they can handle.
We've seen people's servers get blown away, and they can't bring them
up reliably until the referring link is removed.

	George

--
George Bray
http://linkalarm.com