FW: [WEB4LIB] Problems with page validation

Gimon, Charles A CAGimon at mpls.lib.mn.us
Tue Aug 29 13:48:29 EDT 2000

1. That Javascript thing with the code from thecounter.com:

The SCRIPT tag needs a TYPE attribute. See:

http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/REC-html401-19991224/interact/scripts.html#h-18.2.
1

For that matter, I wonder if you could just use the code they have inside
<NOSCRIPT>...</NOSCRIPT> for everyone and dump the rest? Might solve several
headaches at once.

2. Ampersands inside URLs (that includes URLs inside <A HREF="">)
need to be written as entities regardless. Change all the & in your URLs
to &amp; and you should fix that problem.

--Charles Gimon
  Web Coordinator
  Minneapolis Public Library