Candidates for _All That JAS: Journal Abbreviation Sources_

Gerry Mckiernan GMCKIERN at gwgate.lib.iastate.edu
Tue Aug 22 16:43:22 EDT 2000

           _ Candidates for _All That JAS: Journal Abbreviation Sources_

   With the Fall semester just upon us, I would like to make MyWebColleagues (re)aware of my registry devoted to Journal Abbreviation Sources called _All That JAS_. _All that JAS_ is located at

[ http://www.public.iastate.edu/~CYBERSTACKS/JAS.htm ]

and  is " a registry of Web resources that list or provide access to the full title of journal abbreviations or other types of abbreviated publication titles (e.g., conference proceedings titles). Selected OPACs that offer abbreviated title searching have also been included."

   I recently expanded the scope of _All That JAS_ to include free Web
accessible serial lists that  provide the full title of journals and other serial publications (but no abbreviated title information) . The first of these to be included in _All That JAS_ is GeoRef Serials List (American Geological Institute).

   I am greatly interested in learning of other  *free* Web-based journal (or other publication) abbreviation sources (as well as *free* full serial lists) for _All That JAS_.

         The current collection of resources in _All That JAS_ included sites organized in the following categories:

| GENERAL | AGRICULTURE | ANTHROPOLOGY | AQUATIC SCIENCES | ASTRONOMY | BIOSCIENCES | CHEMISTRY | COMPUTER SCIENCE | ECONOMICS | ENGINEERING | ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES | GEOLOGY | LAW | MATERIALS SCIENCE | MATHEMATICS | MEDICINE | PHILOSOPHY | PHYSICS |

   I am particularly interested in comprehensive LAW sites and in sites for categories not presently listed.

  As Always, Any and All contributions, comments, questions, queries, cosmic insights, compliments [:-)], etc. etc. etc. are Most Welcome!

/Gerry McKiernan
Theoretical Librarian
Iowa State University Library
Ames IA 50011

gerrymck at iastate.edu

        "The Best Way to Predict the Future is to Abbreviate It!"
                           With Apologies (Once Again) to Alan Kay