[WEB4LIB] foreign language characters in browsers

Florence Tang tang_fy at Mercer.EDU
Tue Aug 22 10:51:03 EDT 2000

IE does a great job with multiple languages.  Go to View, Encoding
and then More.  Choose which language you want.  You will be taken to
the IE website to download the encoding.  The only thing bad about
this is that you need to know which encoding a webpage is supposed to
be in.  It can present an Arabic webpage in Chinese characters which
do not make any sense until you change the encoding to Arabic.

Florence

Florence Tang                                      tang_fy at mercer.edu
Public Services Librarian                          Phone: (770) 986-3261
Swilley Library / Mercer University Atlanta	   swilley.mercer.edu