[WEB4LIB] Re: Google, Pikachu, porn, etc.

John Hubbard jhubbard at haverford.edu
Thu Aug 17 11:57:58 EDT 2000

Google renders results based on how and what other pages link to sites, and
how their links are titled.  So a search for "micorsoft" (typo) will obtain
the Microsoft homepage as the first result, even though it's not spelled
this way on the page.

http://www.google.com/search?q=cache:www.pokemon.com/+pikachu+porn&hl=en
explains that "These terms only appear in links pointing to this page: porn"

Hope that helps,
- John