[WEB4LIB] Meta Search

Rondon Andrade rondon.andrade at uol.com.br
Wed Aug 16 17:38:43 EDT 2000

Hi Everybody!!

I'd like to know about the legal implications on building a Meta Search.
Since a search goes through a lot of sites, we can be mining the web,
stoling content of other sites and putting in others as a cut and paste
service. But if we cite the source, are we free from any legal implications?
Or we just cite the information source and communicate this information
sources what we're doing and it's done. No problem at all.

I'm asking this because I work with data mining, and I wouldn't like to have
legal problems. If I say for instance:

a "information" from Company B
a "information" from Company C

but not changing the content, will it be fine?

Thanks in advance and waiting your response.

Rondon de Andrade
Information Analyst