_Book Forager: Automated Book-Recommender System_

Gerry Mckiernan GMCKIERN at gwgate.lib.iastate.edu
Mon Aug 14 14:00:39 EDT 2000

              _Book Forager: Automated Book-Recommender System_

   In response to my recent posting on an Amazon-like OPAC I have learned about _Book Forager_ , a *free*, Web-based automated book-recommender service that allows readers to receive an annotated listing of *FICTION* book citations that meet an array of criteria selected by the user. _Book Forager_ is available at:

         [  http://www.branching-out.net/forager/  ]

   It's  quite a clever interface that can only be appreciated if one tries it himself/herself.

      Additional information about _Book Forager_ is available at
[ http://www.branching-out.net/forager.htm ]

/Gerry McKiernan
Theoretical Librarian
Iowa State University
Ames IA 50011

gerrymck at iastate.edu

         " The Best Way to Predict the Future is to Invent It"
                                  Alan Kay