where to get "subject headings"

Stephen Davis daviss at columbia.edu
Wed Aug 9 10:21:31 EDT 2000

At Columbia we've been working on a prototype "Hierarchical Interface to LC
Classification" to try to use to integrate subject access to digital
library resources from a variety of projects and processes.  This is very
much a work in progress, and we'll try to describe it in a white paper
later this year, but for those who are interested, please take a look at:

http://www.cc.columbia.edu/cu/libraries/inside/projects/metadata/classify/

and specifically:

http://www.cc.columbia.edu/cu/libraries/inside/projects/metadata/classify/lccats.current.html
http://www.cc.columbia.edu/cu/libraries/inside/projects/metadata/classify/lcclass.current.html

There are also xls spreadsheet versions of these files linked to the main
page if you want to download and play with them.

All comments welcome!
Stephen Davis                       email: daviss at columbia.edu
Director of Library Systems         phone: (212) 854-8584
2M05 Butler Library                  fax: (212) 854-0089
Columbia University                 http://www.columbia.edu/cu/libraries/
535 W. 114th Street                 http://www.columbia.edu/~daviss/
New York, NY  10027