[WEB4LIB] Re: The "Commercialized" Library

Dan Lester dan at riverofdata.com
Mon Aug 7 18:19:39 EDT 2000

GM> Dan and Bill

GM>    Why not both Amazon.com and/or banesandnoble.com AND Choice and/or Library Journal ! You'd have user reviews AND publisher reviews AND professional  reviews - all of potential value for
GM> judging a work for a user's particular purposes.

I have no argument with linking to any and all review sources.
Remember, I was making a list of points I'd heard, not ones I
necessarily would make myself.  I find many Amazon reviews useful. The
major problem with linking to Choice or LJ or some other "real,
professional" review resources is the cost of providing those
resources.

All of which reminds me: I have two reviews due next week, so I'd
better get them written instead of reading web4lib.

cheers

dan

--
Dan Lester, Data Wrangler  dan at RiverOfData.com
3577 East Pecan, Boise, Idaho  83716-7115 USA