[WEB4LIB] Re: BANaRAMA(sm): A Registry of Library Promotional Banner

Garwood, Steve sgarwood at camden.lib.nj.us
Wed Aug 2 15:44:59 EDT 2000

Well...

Although I'm not a huge fan of banner ads, I do know that I can generally
say one thing about most library websites that I've seen: BORING. The
"flashiness" of a banner ad isn't always something I'd want on my homepage,
but for some uses - introduction of new services, kids pages (they love that
moving stuff), or "emergency" notices, I think they're perfectly usable.

Besides banners don't need to be synonymous with garish (although I agree
that they usually are).

Steve