[WEB4LIB] RE: Deep Linking....ok, but be careful...

Charles P. Hobbs chhobbs at cdrewu.edu
Tue Aug 1 18:20:52 EDT 2000

Mark Ellis wrote:

> I'm really surprised sites like TicketMaster haven't just blocked deep
> linking through the technical means available to them.

Maybe they found it easier to reach for a lawyer and sue. This stuff
bothers me on two levels

a. people setting up shop on the web without respect to its existing 'culture'
(e.g. in general, it should be ok to make a link from anywhere to anywhere
without asking permission)

b. people seeking *legal* solutions (and setting precedents) when there are
perfectly fine technical solutions to keeping unwanted links away.

Charles P. Hobbs
King Drew Health Science Library
http://www.cdrewu.edu/kdhsl