Web usage and link visibility

Sloan, Bernie bernies at uillinois.edu
Fri Apr 28 15:51:50 EDT 2000

I am looking for specific examples of Web site usage stats that document how
the use of a particular Web page increases when the link is made more
prominent.

A while back I asked people to send me any stats they had on electronic
reference services. Several people mentioned that use of the service
increased when they moved the link from a lower level to the library's home
page. The usage stats they supplied show this jump in use.

While I'd really like to get more such examples dealing with electronic
reference services specifically, I am also interested in any other examples
from library Web sites generally.

Bernie Sloan
Senior Library Information Systems Consultant
University of Illinois Office for Planning and Budgeting
338 Henry Administration Building
506 S. Wright Street
Urbana, IL  61801
Phone:  (217) 333-4895