sizing width of scroll windows

Sheryl Eldridge sheryl at newportlibrary.org
Wed Apr 26 17:10:38 EDT 2000

Hi,

I have spent the past week searching for a method to control the size of a
scrolling or popup menu in a form. I've seen it done before, but now that
I'm searching for the code, I can't find it!

Does anyone know what can be done to control the width? I want to have a
menu with local resources, but some of the names are prohibitively long, and
I would rather not use acronymns if possible.

Here is a copy of the form.  It goes to a javascript function that take the
user directly to the url.

      <form name = "WebLinks">
        <select name="WebLinks" onChange="redirect2(this)">
          <option selected value="SelectAnItem"> Local Links</option>
          <option value="HMSC">Hatfield Marine Science Center</option>
          <option value="LocalGovernment">Local Government</option>
          <option value="NHS">Newport High School</option>
          <option value="NMS">Newport Middle School</option>
          <option value="News">News-Times</option>
          <option value="OCCC">Oregon Coast Community College</option>
          <option value="Tides">Tide Charts</option>
          <option value="Weather">Weather</option>
        </select>
     </form>

Any and all ideas will be appreciated!  Thanks!

Sheryl H. Eldridge, Reference Coordinator
Newport Public Library
35 NW Nye St.
Newport, OR 97365
(541)265-2153  (541)265-2793 FAX