Naming a library's web presence

John Gresham jgresham at fontbonne.edu
Tue Apr 25 12:43:46 EDT 2000

we named our library's website the Fontbonne Library "Knowledge Navigator"
to emphasize the purpose of the web site as a tool to help students navigate
the information universe (books, databases, web etc) to locate the knowledge
resources they need -- we also create (upon faculty request) what we call
"course navigators" that direct students to print and online resources
relevant to a specific course.
John Gresham
John Gresham, MLS PhD
Library Director, Fontbonne College