[WEB4LIB] Coding formfeeds in email with Javascript

Stephen Treger stephen.treger at sdsu.edu
Wed Apr 12 15:33:41 EDT 2000

I have been doing extensive work of this type. One such example is a online
Absence Request Form. I get around these problems by coding the results in
HTML. My CGI is a perl script that generates rich text email messages.

The result looks fine in all email client capable of rich text, and mirrors
what is seen via a browser.
At 09:28 AM 4/12/00 -0700, Araby Greene wrote:
>I am working on a JavaScript web form (for IE 4 or 5) that can be used to
>compose a short e-mail notification for Interlibrary Loan. However, the
>"\r\n" which is properly plain-text encoded as "%0D%0A" by the script is
>ignored or discarded when the message is inserted into a new mail form in
>Outlook Express or Outlook, so that the body of the message is one wrapped
>line. I've tried many things, and looked at many other scripts that use the
>same code, but have the same (unmentioned) problem. Has anyone else worked
>on a script where you had to figure this out?
>
>A copy of the working file is at
>http://bullpup.lib.unca.edu/library/forms/illnotice.html

Stephen Treger, OS Analyst		| Phone:    619 594-5859
Malcolm A. Love Library, SDSU		| Fax:      619 594-8982
WWW http://fezzik.sdsu.edu		| mailto:treger at sdsu.edu
Yahoo! Pager ID s_treger		| ICQ # 4725463
Online Calendar http://calendar.yahoo.com/public/s_treger