[WEB4LIB] Re: XHTML Example

Guy Teasdale Guy.Teasdale at bibl.ulaval.ca
Mon Apr 17 14:40:27 EDT 2000

Both of you are right! Netscape *is* behaving correctly
I don't really like the framed pages but this "inline framing" possibility
is cool. I didn't know the <iframe> element and I think that it is a
effectively a much better solution to use this element instead of <table>

>Displaying the Search link *is* correct handling for a browser that
>doesn't understand IFRAME.  At some point, we need to start tagging to the
>current spec and rely on it degrading gracefully on browsers whose
>standard support is several years out of date.  IFRAME has that built in,
>as has XHTML as a whole.

Guy Teasdale
Bibliothèque de l'Université Laval, Sainte-Foy, Québec G1K 7P4
TÉL: (418) 656-2131 - 2090 FAX: (418) 656-7897
http://www.bibl.ulaval.ca/info/pagepers/teasdale/