[WEB4LIB] Brainstorming on Barcodes

John Rosenhamer jrosenhamer at okc.cc.ok.us
Mon Apr 10 09:52:25 EDT 2000

Am I missing something.  We would creat original barcodes for materials.
Not duplicates.

John

John H. Rosenhamer
Technical Services Librarian
Oklahoma City Community College
7777 S. May Ave.
Oklahoma City, OK   73159

 jrosenhamer at okc.cc.ok.us
(405) 682-1611 Ext. 7229
 Fax: (405) 682-7585

>>> Bob Rasmussen <ras at anzio.com> 04/07 1:33 PM >>>
Hello all. Please pardon duplication.

I am aware that many, if not most, libraries buy preprinted barcode labels for
patron cards, books, etc. My question is this:

If it were easy to print barcoded labels on demand, how would you use
them? Suggested so far:

* Create duplicate labels for books or patrons
* Print a generated barcode on serials labels (while ensuring uniqueness)

More ideas?

(The next version of AnzioWin will have this capability.)

--
Regards,
...Bob Rasmussen,   President,   Rasmussen Software, Inc.

personal e-mail: ras at anzio.com
 company e-mail: rsi at anzio.com
            fax: (US) 503-624-0760
            web: http://www.anzio.com