Hotbar redux

Andrew Mutch amutch at waterford.lib.mi.us
Wed Apr 19 09:01:34 EDT 2000

I contacted the Hotbar support staff to find out exactly what needed to
be done to disable the installation of Hotbar on a workstation.  Here's
their response:

+++++
Please check your security settings so it doesn't allow you to download
and
activate Hotbar:

1. Go to Tools/Internet Options/Security (under your Explorer).
2. Choose the "Custom Level" option under the internet settings.
3. Under "Download signed ActiveX controls" check the "Disable" option.
4. Under "Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins" check the "Disable" option.

5. Adjust your security level to higher than Medium..

+++++

Note:  I don't think this addresses the need expressed to prevent the
installation of Hotbar but allow access to other online services.
However, it might assist you in thinking of ways to block out Hotbar.

Andrew Mutch
Library Systems Technician
Waterford Township Public Library
Waterford, MI