Was (Does this help?) to It depends.

Gary E.Masters gmasters at tamiu.edu
Wed Sep 15 11:59:55 EDT 1999

At 07:25 AM 9/15/1999 -0700, you wrote:

>The obvious reason to force a new page is to make it easy to return to the
>original page. I use JavaScripted link when I provide a link from a
>technical word to its definition in training or help materials. The
>definition pops up in a small window. When someone needs to look up an
>unfamiliar term in a document, presumably they want to return to the
>document after checking the definition and continue reading.

If it is not full screen and you are used to it, it probably does help.  I
think the first times I saw this, I tried the back button and nothing
happened.  Several times, I would restart Netscape.  Then, when I got used
to a new page,  I would close the window and think "Oh, there is my page."
So the small window is a good way togo.  One can always make it full screen
if the right buttons are there.

Regards,

Gary Masters