Web Cache defeats Netscape proxy

Thomas Edelblute thomas at anaheim.lib.ca.us
Mon Sep 13 17:06:35 EDT 1999

We have discovered that one of the unforseen consequences of our ISPs
new Web Cashing server is that the proxy settings we put into Netscape
are now being ignored.  Now instead of people being restricted to our
proxy setting, people can use the Ctrl-O to go to any web site they
want.  I know I had it set right before the Web Cashe server was
isntalled because I tested it.  I was trying to avoid having to purchase
another program like WinSelect but now I am afraid I may have to.

Has anybody dealt with anything like this before?  Is there any way out
of it?

--
Thomas Edelblute
Anaheim Public Library