[WEB4LIB] Appears to be a Netscape Peculiarity (Counter)

Michael Sauers msauers at bcr.org
Mon Sep 13 10:04:47 EDT 1999

> I have a problem with a webpage which has a third-party commecial
> counter on it. The page loads up to 57% (perhaps, it has biblical
> significance, ladies and gentlemen :), and then it stops........

I've had this problem with TheCounter.com before. In that case I took a look
at the JavaScript code the site told me to use and then "figured out" how to
shorten it to just a single HTML img call to the counter. This caused the
page to almost freeze like you're describing. The solution was to go back to
the site and get the code they told me to use. Once I put that in, problem
was solved.

Michael Sauers, Internet Trainer
Bibliographical Center for Research (BCR)
Aurora, CO :: msauers at bcr.org
http://www.bcr.org/~msauers
The WWW Library Directory is @
http://www.webpan.com/msauers/libdir/
Buy books, music or videos online?
http://www.acses.com/?partner=1307
Opinions expressed are my own unless otherwise noted.