[WEB4LIB] Forms to text/email

Darryl Friesen Darryl.Friesen at usask.ca
Fri Sep 10 16:59:28 EDT 1999

> We have a patron registration/request for materials form, and would
> like to have this info go to a comma-delimited text
> file *and* email. Is there a non-Unix, non-Javascript (want this to work
> on older browsers), non-Perl (unless it's Win32 Perl),
> script that would tide us over in the event of switching platforms to
> Unix/Linux?

I don't know of an 'off-the-shelf' script, but the Perl script to do such a
thing should take almost no time to write.  The only real problem is sending
the email, since NT lacks the standard sendmail that the Unix boxes have.
However, there is a small, _free_ mail utility for NT written by Scott
Beasley that will provide the functionality of sendmail.  You can download
is from here (and probably a few other places):

   http://www.xitami.com/addons.htm

- Darryl

  Darryl Friesen, B.Sc.                        Darryl.Friesen at usask.ca
  Programmer/Analyst                            http://gollum.usask.ca/
  Consulting & Development, Computing Services
  University of Saskatchewan                   "The Truth Is Out There"