internet tools and tips

Petter Naess pnaess at usis.no
Fri Sep 3 05:58:01 EDT 1999

I have to give a presentation next month on internet accessories, utilities, and any
fixes/procedures/tips that automate or enhance use of the web for librarians.
I want to highlight tools that facilitate finding, compiling, publishing, or distrbuting
information. Examples might be Webwhacker, Netjumper, Quickbrowse, Infoseek Express (search
window that plugs into your browser), Alexa, Linkbank, NetMind, screen snapshot utilities, pages
(or software) that convert from one format to another, bookmark managers, any number of browser
plugins, etc. etc.

I would be very grateful to hear about any such tools that you can recommend - anything for
finding, formatting, organizing, e-publishing, or distributing information.

Many thanks, PN

Petter Naess
Information Resource Director
U.S. Information Service  (USIS)