Netscape "find within page" failures

Tom Zimoski tzimoski at sjvls.lib.ca.us
Wed Sep 1 15:27:22 EDT 1999

I've noticed this off and on and am finally going to ask about it.
Sometimes the Netscape feature that lets you search for text on a web page
fails to find text that is really there.

I have learned that clicking inside the frame you want to search before
you search seems to matter, and that clicking on the background to unmark
previously found text seems to matter, but there's something else going
on.

Consider http://www.parkwayresearch.com/consan/institutional.html#hospitals

The word mattresses appears on this page but when I search for the string
"mattress" using Navigator 4.08 and 3.04 Gold I don't find it.  When I
view the source code and search (using control-f) I DO find the string.

Seems like a bug, but I know from experience I could be doing something
wrong.

Tom Zimoski                     Phone: 559-488-2976
Reference Dept.                 Fax:   559-488-6735
Fresno County Library           Email: tzimoski at sjvls.lib.ca.us
2420 Mariposa St.
Fresno, CA  93721
USA