Y2K and (Digital) Libraries

Dimitris Konetas dkonetas at teiep.gr
Mon Sep 20 09:04:20 EDT 1999

I am conducting a survey concerning "The year 2000 System Compliance
problem - methods to be used by Academic Libraries to resolve it"
I would be grateful if you sent your comments - experience on the
following issues (this can be sent even directly to me if you feel that
it is of no use to the rest of the list)
Potential consequences as well as the level of readiness achieved by
your library concerning the use of
embedded electronic systems/ operating systems/ personal computers/
software used by the libraries

Which automation system is used in your library. Please report any
incompliance you have detected or herd of concerning  any of the
following software: GEAC-Advance, Innopac, Ex-Libris" Aleph,
Equilibrium, Ameritech's Horizon, Libertas, Q Series (TinLib), AdLib,
VTLS - Virtua or any other...
Please mention any resource (article or any other data) dealing
specifically with Y2K and (digital) Libraries.

Thanks in advance,

Dimitris Konetas
System Adm. , Libraries of the National Technical Institute of Epirus ,
Greece