[WEB4LIB] IP authentication failure

Dan Lester dan at 84.com
Tue Sep 7 00:28:01 EDT 1999

At 02:35 PM 9/3/99 -0700, Thomas Edelblute wrote:

>Has anybody else run across this with their ISPs?  Our ISP says that
>using a Web cache is something more and more ISPs are doing to increase
>the speed of Web access.  If they are right, what other problems might
>we run into with Web caching?

Request the ISP to cancel caching for the places to which you need IP
authentication.  Explain to them that this isn't useful to cache anyway
(searches and their results).  If they won't cooperate, you can always get
another ISP.  They will understand that, and will cooperate.

dan

--
Good, Fast, and Cheap: Which two of the three would you like?
Dan Lester, 3577 East Pecan, Boise, ID 83716 USA 208-383-0165