[WEB4LIB] Re: metadata for site searches

Nancy Sosna Bohm plum at ulink.net
Sat Sep 25 18:25:12 EDT 1999

I used a search engine from http://www.objectweaver.de/ice/ and was not
satisfied because the "stop words" that the engine included from my content
were all related to important subjects.  In other words, a searcher looking
for "book reviews" would encounter a message that declared "book" and
"review" were stop words.  Presently I don't have a search engine on my
sites, but it seems that the webmaster must be able to control phrase
indexing if a search engine is to be useful.