[WEB4LIB] Beware of pages changing your homepage. . .

Martha Verchot MVERCHOT at LISTER2.LHL.UAB.EDU
Fri Oct 22 00:25:21 EDT 1999

Yes, I have found this irritating.

I found a number of sites that describe this as some
kind of wonder for e-commerce.  In fact, there is a
web company called Make Me Your Home Page, Inc.
that is selling their version of the code for $129.  they
claim that their software works on either Netscape
or IE so it must be possible on both.

Here are a couple of examples:
------------
Make Me Your Home Page, Inc.
http://www.mmyhp.com/
http://www.mmyhp.com/readme.htm

====

Set Home Page instructions (IE) from
http://www.danslagle.com/FrontPage/Easy.html

Think we could get up a class action suit against
them for the staff time lost in resetting computers
"damaged" by their code?

;-)

Unfortunately, the real offenders are our patrons
who hit the button when they know they are
using a public computer that doesn't belong to
them.

Martha Verchot