[WEB4LIB] RE: Indexing a Local Newspaper Index on the Web

bmenk at hampton.lib.nh.us bmenk at hampton.lib.nh.us
Wed Oct 20 15:13:54 EDT 1999

We presently publish our local newspaper index using Filemaker
Pro and have been pretty pleased with it. For publishing a simple
database directly to the web you can literally just check the
"publish to web" option and it will work with a canned, reasonably
useful interface. To customize it though takes more work and a
knowledge of HTML.

It runs on Mac & Windows machines and runs about $130 last
time I checked.

You can visit it in the News section our Reference Dept at
http://www.hampton.lib.nh.us/referenc/News/ - choose "Index to
the Hampton Union & Atlantic News".

This might not be a solution if you don't run your own webserver
however. I don't know how many ISP's will run it for you on one of
their servers.

Bobb Menk, Internet Librarian, Lane Memorial Library
Hampton, NH 03842  603-926-3368
bmenk at hampton.lib.nh.us