[WEB4LIB] FW: Dromendary Library Serivce

Margaret F. Dikel mfriley at erols.com
Wed Oct 20 08:24:59 EDT 1999

It's a great article, but I sent it to the editor of American Libraries
with a note that *no one* covered animal-driven bookmobiles in
my library program.

--Margaret

At 01:41 PM 10/19/1999 -0700, Barker, Jodie wrote:
>Thought this might bring a chuckle!

>> Subject:	Dromendary Library Serivce
>>
>>         Apologies for cross posting.
>>         This is a "must read" for those who have ever worked in a
>> bookmobile, or have one operating at their library.
>>         There was an interesting article last Sunday in the Washington
>> Post on a bookmobile service in Kenya that uses camels instead of trucks.
>> Included in the report were accounts of gunmen holding up the library
>> staff, and stealing books as part of their booty.
Margaret Dikel, MSLIS
11218 Ashley Dr.                The Riley Guide
Rockville, MD  20852         www.rileyguide.com
301-984-4229                    www.dbm.com/jobguide
301-984-6390 FAX           mfriley at erols.com