Special librarians wanted for market research interviews

Nick Arnett listbot at mccmedia.com
Tue Oct 19 14:28:40 EDT 1999

As I've mentioned here previously, our company (Invisible Worlds --
www.invisible.net) is developing a portal and software for integrating
full-text and meta-information search and navigation.  We're also creating
a protocol that we will propose as an open standard for distributed
search.  The people behind the protocol are some of those who invented DNS,
e-mail and quite a few other Internet standards.

We very much want to build software and services that meet the needs of
librarians, today we are especially focused on the needs of special
librarians, as the data we're offering is financial and business
oriented.  If you'd be willing to talk with us for an hour or so about our
products and what we should do with them in the future, please e-mail me
directly.  If you're in the SF Bay Area, that would be particularly good
for us.

We haven't begun selling anything yet (our first offering, EDGARspace, is
available free right now), but when we do, we will be offering discounts to
SLA members.  Suggestions of other associations would be welcome.  Perhaps
Web4Lib members?

Nick Arnett