[WEB4LIB] text only pages

Thomas Dowling tdowling at ohiolink.edu
Tue Oct 19 11:20:48 EDT 1999

If you read the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines, you'll see that
providing a separate, text-only page is considered a last-ditch resort.
It's actually frowned up, because of the likelihood that a site will
update the main version and forget to update the text-only version.

So if you're doing your job right, there shouldn't be a need to provide a
text-only version.  Show some common-sense restraint in the number and
size of graphics, and the download times won't be too badly affected.

Thomas Dowling
tdowling at ohiolink.edu