[WEB4LIB] Re: Please help SLJ: Milestones in Library

Tony Barry me at Tony-Barry.emu.id.au
Thu Oct 7 03:55:36 EDT 1999

At 01:51 PM -0700 5/10/99, Bill Drew wrote:
>What about McBee cards?  I also remember seeing a "database" based on cards
>similar to McBee cards that one searched by using  a needle to pull out
>related items.  It was in the Engineering Library at Cornell in 1983 when I
>worked there as a circulation clerk.

The Commonwealth Parliamentary Library (Australia) has a system to control
their reference questions using marginal pubnched cards in 1968 which I
designed. It lasted for almost 25 years befaor being replaced by a computer
system.

Tony