[WEB4LIB] Please help SLJ: Milestones in Library Technology

Dan Lester dan at 84.com
Tue Oct 5 15:48:10 EDT 1999

At 09:00 AM 10/5/99 -0700, Minkel, Walter (Cahners -NYC) wrote:
>* What library was the first to have a Web site, with date?

Boise State University Library had a website in the spring of 1994,
probably March.  I started the university website on November 1 of that
year.  I don't claim it to be the first library website, but fairly
early.  It ran under Windows 3.1 on my desktop on a 486, 24/7, and was able
to easily handle the load in those days.  o-)

For another perspective on those "olden days" check out
http://lester.boisestate.edu/getting.the.best.toys.htm

cheers

dan

--
Good, Fast, and Cheap: Which two of the three would you like?
Dan Lester, 3577 East Pecan, Boise, ID 83716 USA 208-383-0165