[WEB4LIB] Re: Please help SLJ: Milestones in Library Technology

Bigwood, David Bigwood at lpi.jsc.nasa.gov
Tue Oct 5 14:27:52 EDT 1999

Walter,

The Lunar and Planetary Institute library went online between June, 1982
and May, 1985.  We had phone in connections in June, 1982.  In May of
1985 we had visitors touring the library to review our on-line system.
We closed our card catalog in 1986.  All this was way before the Web.
There were VAXNet connections, rlogin, and telnet connections to the
catalog.

This should make us an early implementer.

Sincerely,
David Bigwood
bigwood at lpi.jsc.nasa.gov
Lunar & Planetary Institute