Updating plug-ins

Barbara Brattin bbrattin at wnpl.alibrary.com
Tue Oct 5 10:31:25 EDT 1999

We'd like to add multimedia plug-ins to our Internet stations, but are
concerned about keeping up with the latest and the greatest. Some staff
feel if we give the public the basic plug-ins, we'll be constantly
bombarded with new requests for plug-ins that we have yet to download. The
plug-ins need to be downloaded on each individual machine, and our WinU
security makes this labor-intensive. How have the rest of you dealt with
this? Do you take a stand and provide only the top ten, or do you try to
have every one available? How do you streamline downloading so the process
is not so labor intensive? We are running an NT network, with Windows 95 on
the desktop and  WinU security/ menuing software on public stations.
Thanks!