[WEB4LIB] Re: Blocking web-based chat

Floyd Ingram fingram at mindspring.com
Fri Nov 26 12:34:26 EST 1999

How is this censorship?  Chat and e-mail are functions.  Prohibiting the use
of those functions is a policy like saying "no wearing of hats" in the
building or "no eating in the library."  Prohibiting one from seeing obscene
materials is censorship...there is a difference.  Gee, some of us are surely
standing up for a wild-opened and chaotic society while the rest of us are
trying to maintain some law, order, morals and sanity!

Floyd Ingram
Columbia, South Carolina
Fax: (801) 327-3914 Home
E-mail: <mailto:fingram at mindspring.com>
Homepage: <http://fingram.home.mindspring.com>
"Relax... Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday."