No subject

drobin2 at lsu.edu drobin2 at lsu.edu
Tue Nov 23 14:38:00 EST 1999

Please consider taking the SHORT survey referenced below:

In a grant funded, collaborative project with the Ogden Museum of Southern
Art, the LSU Digital Library is scanning and providing World Wide Web
access to the digital images of the museum's artwork.  As the project
librarian, along with Joel Williams and Dave Robins, Asst. Professor,
School of Library and Information Science, we are surveying potential users
to determine what words they would use to describe selected pieces of
artwork.  The survey is brief and can be taken on the Web at the following
URL <http://diglib.lsu.edu/DLSurvey.nsf/form>.  The survey results will be
used in providing search terms for retrieving digital images in the Ogden
Museum of Southern Art collection.  We are hopeful that the collection's
first 100 images will be available by February, 2000 at
<http://diglib.lsu.edu/digitallibrary>.

Would you mind taking a few minutes to fill out the survey at <
http://diglib.lsu.edu/DLSurvey.nsf/form>  and pass along this survey
request and URL to your students.  Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.

Pat Vince, Digital Librarian
LSU Digital Library
LSU Office of Computing Services
Phone (225) 334-3271