Netscape problem

Andrew Mutch amutch at waterford.lib.mi.us
Tue Nov 23 14:43:12 EST 1999

Here's a suggestion I received....you might want to check this:

"This problem is caused by poorly written Javascript. The Geocities
popup that they phased out earlier this year was the biggest offender.
It kept crashing my browser repeatedly, so that I couldn't click on
any links. You had to REBOOT the computer to fix this problem. From my
observations, it seemed like the Javascript crashed if you tried to
close the pop-up ad AS SOON AS it materialized. In an obscene way, it
forced anybody using a Geocities site to keep the pop-up window open
to avoid the frozen link problem.

I've been using Netscape ever since it was founded. I've had few
complaints. Netscape Messanger is the most robust email progam I've
ever used and I've punished it severely (try an Inbox with 17,000
messages for starters)."

Andrew Mutch
Library Systems Technician
Waterford Township Public Library