Netscape problem

Peter Jorgensen peterj at rand.lcl.lib.ne.us
Tue Nov 23 12:26:27 EST 1999

Has anyone had a problem with Netscape Communicator 4.x suddenly refusing
to respond to mouse clicks on hyperlinks?  We frequently have this problem
on a number of our computers, both public and staff PCs, some using
Windows 95 and some using Windows 98.  Everything will be going along
fine, and then suddenly clicking on hyperlinks does nothing, although
it's still possible to enter URLs in the address bar and jump to them
that way.  Exiting and restarting Netscape does not clear up the problem
-- we have to restart Windows.

I *did* find something in the archive referring to a problem like this,
with a follow-up suggesting that the problem was a corrupt history file
and that reducing the number of days before the pages in history expire
might reduce the problem.  But in our case the computer that has this happen
the least has the *longest* period before the history expires.  Any other
suggestions?

Peter Jorgensen
Reference Department, Lincoln City Libraries
Lincoln, Nebraska
peterj at rand.lcl.lib.ne.us