[WEB4LIB] Re: automating a directory listing

Michael Sauers msauers at bcr.org
Mon Nov 22 17:36:44 EST 1999

> If you do not have a default index
> file for a directory--its files will display.

We thought of this solution but determined that we wanted some HTML text on
the same page as the directory listing. Leaving out an index.html file will
not allow for this. A few have sent sample Perl scripts that will accomplish
this and are greatly appreciated.

Michael Sauers, Internet Trainer
Bibliographical Center for Research (BCR)
Aurora, CO :: msauers at bcr.org :: http://www.bcr.org/~msauers
The WWW Library Directory is @ http://www.webpan.com/msauers/libdir/
Buy books, music or videos online? http://www.dealpilot.com/?partner=1307

Child: Do not try to bend the spoon, that is impossible.
       Just realize the truth.
Neo:   What is the truth?
Child: There is no spoon.	-- The Matrix

Opinions expressed are my own unless otherwise noted.