[WEB4LIB] Re: Centering Web Page

Dan Lester dan at 84.com
Mon Nov 22 15:51:52 EST 1999

Someone, not Thomas Dowling, wrote:

>  Check the monitors, too.  We have monitors
> > in our Electronic Reference Center with different displays of
> > the same webpage (different alignment, different colors, image
> > sizes, etc. than what is programmed in the html document).

I waited to see if there were other responses before responding to this
one.  Different colors can be due to different settings on monitors (which
can most likely be changed) or due to aging monitors with bad
colors.  Image sizes aren't changing, at least image sizes in pixels.  They
may APPEAR to be a different size on a monitor of a different size and/or
different resolution, of course.  Alignments can also change if you're
using tables or other devices to do your layout.  If there have to be five
columns, they will look different on a 480x640 from how they will on a
768x1024.

None of this means there is anything wrong with FP2K or any other web
editor.  It may mean there is something wrong with the design,
however.  Or, it may mean the design is correct, depending on what you're
trying to do.

dan

--
Good, Fast, and Cheap: Which two of the three would you like?
Dan Lester, 3577 East Pecan, Boise, ID 83716 USA 208-383-0165